No. Mariana Is. Colleges
No. Mariana Is.
The Northern Mariana Islands, officially the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), is a commonwealth in political union with the United States, occupying a strategic region of the western Pacific Ocean. It consists of 15 islands about three-quarters of the way from Hawaii to the Philippines. The United States Census Bureau reports the total land area of all islands as 179.01 square miles (463.63Â km2).
The Northern Mariana Islands has a population of 80,362 (2005 estimate). The official 2000 census count was 69,221. More than 90% of the population lives on the island of Saipan. Of the fourteen other islands, only two â€” Tinian and Rota â€” have a significant population. The islands of Agrihan and Alamagan have fewer than ten residents each, and the remaining islands are unpopulated.
The Commonwealth's center of government is in the village of Capital Hill on Saipan. As the island is governed as a single municipality, most publications name Saipan as the Commonwealth's capital.
Matching No. Mariana Is. Colleges
Northern Marianas College
Four or more years; Public; $4,560 average out-state tuition; $2,280 average in-state tuition
Top No. Mariana Is. Cities
Popular Majors in No. Mariana Is.
- Elementary Education
- Business Administration and Management
- Accounting Technician and Bookkeeper
- Hospitality Administration/Management
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations
- Electrical Equipment Installation and Repair
- Cinematography and Film/Video Production
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science
- International Business/Trade/Commerce